UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Where is.jpg MYSTIFIED :huh: How come the Dacia UK web site quotes March delivery for a Duster? I ordered mine 16/12/2013 for 01/03/2014 and it still has not arrived! Now got no transport! What's going on? :angry:

Attachments

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
/checks pockets...nope sorry I don't have it.

Try contacting your dealer, you have a better chance of getting some useful info from them :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks T-route, or is it Trout-e? Would you believe I have just had an e-mail from the Dealer (not been forthcoming with useful delivery info in the past) to say the transport driver has rung and he is an hour away!! No? - neither will I until I see it for myself. Fingers crossed - I'll update post when it is on my drive. Thanks again. (fyi - mine will be same model as yours but white)

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
You're going to love it! check it over carefully before signing for it and make sure the dealer sorts any issues. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Went to my dealer today and he said it will be a week as I'm getting the new shape so it's got to be worth the wait bud. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Strangest thing! Do you believe in coincidences?

Today's history which prompted me to start this post:-
I rang the garage 08:55 - no response to message for salesman to ring me.
I 'live chatted' (text) to Dacia UK. (I have not been contacted by Customer Services as I was told I would be within 2 hrs).
I emailed Dacia Romania - no response.
I posted 'where is my Duster' etc on Facebook Dacia.co.uk (since removed by me).
I posted 'where is my Duster' etc on Facebook Dacia.com. (since removed by me).
I posted 'where is my Duster' etc on DaciaForum.co.uk

I think, from what has transpired since vehicle appearing this pm, that all this has been about money/profit. I sold my p/x myself due to a very low bid by the garage (like £2.5k below what it sold for). I can't help thinking that each deal/available vehicle has been about maximizing profit potential and I have been shuffled back and back due to strong product interest??? - food for thought??? Anyway, it's now paid for and I collect Friday - yippee - I hope.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Went to my dealer today and he said it will be a week as I'm getting the new shape so it's got to be worth the wait bud. :)
Ste think your being misled mate

The new shape wont reach these shores until 2016 at least

Your not dealing with with Arnold Clarke by any chance are you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:) Well - finally picked up my 2014 spec Duster Laureate dCi 110 4 x 2 on Saturday morning, and I must say it exceeds expectations. I rides, handles and pulls/stops extremely well and the features for the money are excellent. I think it will prove to be a good choice and at the moment I am very happy with it - long may it continue. :D (ps - must have been a coincidence after all !?!?!?)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I picked up my 4x4 Ambiance today. It feels very different to the Laureate 4x2, a more solid presence on the road which I think is down to the additional weight of the diff and the spare wheel etc. The boot space difference is noticable and there are a few bits that will need to be 'improved' but all in all I like the white, after the silvery silver silver silver.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Vespasian - I commented to the other (better?) half yesterday that my new vehicle did not roll like the one I test drove last October and put it down to the additional Electronic Suspension and Steering Controls now fitted. :unsure: It would be interesting for others' views methinks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I never thought of that, though it's the obvious difference really. Having said that, a work colleague fitted a spare wheel to his 4x2 Laureate and said that it noticably holds the road better.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I've thought that myself, I never drove a 4x2 without the spare but it has seemed to me that the back end might be a bit light without it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nope, last time they said it was in the country, obviously not , seems like Renault have over stretched themselves, showroom was empty at Bury.

I think it's the colour Troute (Marina Blue). But I can wait.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Still not got it and now got no car, the offer of a courtesy car fell flat on its face, they say this Friday but i'm losing faith but haven't gone to Kia yet. I WANT MY DUSTER. :angry:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ste550 - You sound like I was getting before I got mine - hang on in there - I am really glad I waited - I think it is wonderful value for money and really like everything about it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for that torchy, just getting a hassle running everyone around in my van, but yep, my mind was made up in December so i'll have a look for some alloys in the meantime.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts