arm rest gets in the way of handbrake

mpg

heater controls hard to reach,move,and see settings

keeps getting dirty!

electric windows,keep openning rear ones in error

car gets noticed,not me!

indicators too quiet,keep leaving on

computer does'nt format the imformation the way l want it
Hi Mervyn, are you having a tongue in the cheek moment :)

Washers: ok for me

MPG: mine is still under the 900 mole running period and is averaging 40mpg Urban driving at the moment

Arm rest: I don't bother with these as if your short like me they are useless

Heater controls: it took me a few days to use without looking down but no issues now

Keeps getting Dirty: That's life!

Car gets noticed and not me: Try driving Naked :eek:

Electric windows: more practice required

Indicators: I thought the indicators were too soft, apparently my wife said they are ok, maybe I need my ears syringing?

Computer doesn't format: I've got the same problem but I ask my grandson to do it for me

·
Registered
154 Posts
washers pathetic - have not noticed so much but could be the wipers are not up to much as everyone seems to think.

arm rest gets in the way of handbrake - have gotten used to this

mpg - getting 50mpg from mine - think my 700km motorway round trip at 3000rpm has helped blow the cobwebs.

heater controls hard to reach,move,and see settings - yes - pretty non user friendly and heating/aircon is rubbish - this is a major one for me as it is like there is no aircon!

keeps getting dirty! - c'est la vie!

electric windows,keep openning rear ones in error - yes - would have thought it would be something I would get used to but keep doing it.

car gets noticed,not me! - haha.

indicators too quiet,keep leaving on - yes - would prefer better noise or illumination.

computer does'nt format the imformation the way l want it - seems to be fine for me - not perfect but similar to any car I have had before

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
GranGruba get the aircon checked by your dealer, it's possible it needs gassing up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Windows closed - in previous cars switching aircon meant noticable drop in temp after 30 seconds and definite chill if required - I am not getting this even with aircon full blast and after a longer period of time.

What are others getting?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Windows closed - in previous cars switching aircon meant noticable drop in temp after 30 seconds and definite chill if required - I am not getting this even with aircon full blast and after a longer period of time.

What are others getting?
Mine is ok, it looks like somebody has started an air-con thread as well

·
Registered
310 Posts
I know i am now jaded and others following my other posts probably understand.

I wish id not clapped eyes on this thing now. 2 months late a then rust ridden.

Sick of sleepless nights over my 13.5k purchase.

If i can get my money back i will take it and already got my eye on a 62 plate ix35 or an 11 plate sportage.

I traded in a hyundai getz 54 plate and i never missed a beat or failed an mot.

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Sorry about the issues you have been having Printerman, here's a hug for you
big_hug-2589.gif

I know how much you were looking forward to this car.

·
Registered
310 Posts
We are a family of four. A 7 and 2.5 year old and basically to be blunt saved like b*****ds for this motor for the last 8 months.

She has had head in hands and tears you would not believe.

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
I totally understand where you're coming from, as hubby and I are saving the in the same way. And I know if we have problems with the Stepway, Police may be called by the dealers, because I will be fuming and no apology will cut it.

I am really sorry your wife is so upset, hopefully Dacia will resolve this issue for you and give you your money back swiftly as this should go some way to giving your wife some peace of mind.

We are a family of four. A 7 and 2.5 year old and basically to be blunt saved like b*****ds for this motor for the last 8 months.

·
Registered
310 Posts
We will see but i will keep everyone posted so they know what options they have.

I hate to admit we love the duster but cant afford to risk what it may turn out to be.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts

Big hugs Mr and Mrs Printerman...we all feel for you...and I certainly pray you get all your money back as swiftly as poss, so you are not left car-less.

I really feel for you.

·
Registered
324 Posts
We will see but i will keep everyone posted so they know what options they have.

I hate to admit we love the duster but cant afford to risk what it may turn out to be.
So sorry for you all Printerman, it's ok when you have money to splash around but when it's tight this is a huge fist in the face.

Don't accept any repairs as this will weaken your case.Do not use the car. Tell them you want to reject it due to the issues.

If you have any legal advice cover as part of your car or house insurance call them to get them to help you through writing the letters.

This site may help

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/scotland/consumer_s/consumer_cars_and_other_vehicles_e/consumer_problems_with_the_car_you_bought_e/the_car_you_bought_is_faulty.htm

and

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theoneshow/2010/01/new-car-problems-try-doms-down.shtml

1 - 19 of 19 Posts