UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gonna get a logan can see past them

Clarkson gave them 0 stars out of 5 which is good enough for me -cant stand the guy

what would you give it out of 5?

also which one would you recommend, my wife does a round trip of 60 miles every day and I need it for fishing and family holidays, not sure I need a diesel

anybody got an access 1.2? jesus if it lasts 5 years it would still be worth it

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have the 0.9 stepway and recon it offers the most if you dont need diesel

good mpg, cheap road tax, much quicker than 1.2, not much more expensive to buy. Up to date tech

I would push 0.9 TCe ambiance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 0.9 stepway and recon it offers the most if you dont need diesel

good mpg, cheap road tax, much quicker than 1.2, not much more expensive to buy. Up to date tech

I would push 0.9 TCe ambiance
yeah I'd be buying radios and stuff for an access I reckon

how does the engine sound on your sandero

·
Registered
349 Posts
its quiet when driven normally, when pushed up above 4k revs its makes a nice almost kinda 6 cylinder noise, its a busy and workable engine with lots of poke, nearly 100bhp per ton.

80mph is approximately 3100 revs so pretty long geared for economy on the motorways etc, but 1st to 4th are zippy enough for round town work.

tick over is quiet i recon but can be heard, but its smooth for a 3 cylinder.

re ambiance, having remote locking and electric windows are a must, and just gives you a touch more driving pleasure

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its quiet when driven normally, when pushed up above 4k revs its makes a nice almost kinda 6 cylinder noise, its a busy and workable engine with lots of poke, nearly 100bhp per ton.

80mph is approximately 3100 revs so pretty long geared for economy on the motorways etc, but 1st to 4th are zippy enough for round town work.

tick over is quiet i recon but can be heard, but its smooth for a 3 cylinder.

re ambiance, having remote locking and electric windows are a must, and just gives you a touch more driving pleasure
thanks-thing is with engines is that nowadays it is something else that writes a car off -like an electrical problem or someat

what I mean is as long as an engine is reliable then it is ok by me

yeah remote locking is pretty useful not a lover of electric windows-one more thing to go wrong

reckon I'm pretty old fashioned for a young guy

·
Registered
349 Posts
well the 0.9TCe is pretty fresh

the 1.2 is older tech, well proven, bullet proof, not as efficient but will run and run.

1.2 access will only set you back £5995 too

·
Registered
116 Posts
Central locking would be the deal maker for me. I own classics, so I know how much of a pain it can be. Certainly liveable with though! The Logan is nicer than the Sandero in acces, as you get the white bumpers rather than the ugly black ones. Personally, I really like the steel wheels too...

Engine wise. I think a 60mpg round trip is well worth getting a diesel for.

I've also got the 0.9 petrol. The above description was pretty good, It's a lovely engine. Certainly smooth and quiet (but you can hear it, which I like because I drive by the feel/noise rather than rev counter) but not obtrusive at all.

I would say though, I've been a little disappointed with the 0.9 Tce fuel economy. I haven't done a lot of checks yet, but it seems 37 is pretty normal, and people seem to get that, if not better with the 1.2. It is, however, a more pokey engine for that same economy. Accelerating up to speed is more satisfying/faster than the Sandero 1.2 we test drove, it's nicer to drive. If you can afford it, get that over the 1.2 but don't stress over it.

However, people have been raving about the 60+ mpg the diesel does reliably. If your average journey is longer than the 10 minutes it takes for a diesel engine to warm up, and you do a few long trips a month I say it's well worth it. I don't really do that, so I'm still happy with the petrol.

The car as a whole? I'd give it 4/5 stars.

It's huge. Damn huge. It's wide, boot is like a cave. I have to climb in it to put something near the back. I go shopping, have a trolley full of stuff, load it in and get confused about where it's gone. A lot of car for your money.

I think it looks good. Simple style, but it's got a bit of a golf-y front (I actually prefer it). The back is a bit dull, but I think it will age a lot better than a lot of modern car styles. It's simple, and should be a little more timeless.

Handles well, seems to have a little less roll than the Sandero - I think they stiffened up the suspension with the view of heavier loads?

But basically, it goes. It's comfy, quiet, economical, big and cheap. I expect to keep it until it dies, as a workhorse.

Bad points:

Seems pretty tough, but there are odd things that feel a bit flisy. Wingmirrors folding in is a bit precarious. The interior is a bit 'don't look too close' and 'please don't push that too hard', but generally the components are pretty similar to other brands, and just as likely to break. Not too bad.

Galvanisation: Something you should be aware of. Most car brands use galvanized metal, that's one reason cars should rust less these days (though some do still rust). Dacia don't, they use steel that's then coated with primer etc, maybe dipped - but not chemically galvanised. This doesn't seem to be much of a problem with Logans, they're pretty well done on general. The dusters have trouble because of the India plant, it's believed, and the transport time between metal plate production and manufacturing (rust under rust protection = rust).

Bear this in mind when you buy. I'm sure most of these cars will last for a good long time if well looked after, but just keep it in mind!

I'm really happy with mine so far.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Despite what my fuel app says (i put in much more than usual on last fill up and am not usi g it properly)

Minimum ive gotten in 44mpg around town, and 57mpg on a run.
37mpg may mean youve a heavy right foot or a sensor may be faulty. Lamda sensor being common one. I carry roof rack and large ladders too which fight against economy.

probably heavier traffic where you are i suppose

·
Registered
50 Posts
It may become more popular when the dealers actually have one in so that people can test drive it. I find it crazy that they advertise the Logan so much yet there are so few around to try out.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
It may become more popular when the dealers actually have one in so that people can test drive it. I find it crazy that they advertise the Logan so much yet there are so few around to try out.

I agree with this they only had a bottom of the range logan for me to test drive but loads of dusters and sandero's - saying that though I was impressed with the base model so with all the extra's I've add on I'll be over the moon when mine comes in september.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same here. I can't wait for mine arrive. I managed to see one at the dealers but had to test drive a Stepway. The Logan seems to have a lot going for it and should impact on the market when they can get up to speed with production.

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
I've driven Logan MCVs in Laureate trim with both the diesel and 0.9 TCe engines.

I've chosen one in Ambiance trim with the 0.9 TCe engine.

If the only consideration was buying the cheapest estate car possible I would have chosen a 1.2 Access model.

However I feel it's worth paying a modest amount more for the next level of trim up as I would want at least a radio anyhow.

I regularly drive a 1.2 Sandero and the engine in that car is just about adequate. In the heavier Logan, especially loaded up, the 1.2 would be tiresomely underpowered.

I estimate that I will drive approximately 10,000 miles each year in this car and feel that such a mileage is too low for a modern turbodiesel engine to remain healthy and running well.

The 0.9 TCe engined car, for me, was easier to drive especially in the urban environment. The lower gearing, compared with the diesel, suited my driving style better.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i also have the Tce 0.9 engine, and its growing on me....800 miles upto now and 3rd gear with boost :D , the gear up/down indicator gets annoying esp 4th/5th. But the hearse has done everything we've asked of it upto now. Fuel wise we're getting around 44ish just put 3rd tank in..TBH its probably better when the wife has it....i have heavy size 13's!! Only thing i dont like is the chrome front grill....am plasti dipping it matt black this w/end! :ph34r: But all in all very happy hearse owner :D

Forgot too add......4 stars....

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
No, was going to leave the Dacia badge....not that big a snob...lol :p I just think the Access/Ambiance matt ones look better...will fit the black-out look aswell in conjunction with the limo tint.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I completley plasti-dipped my car last year...has lasted well, this was from Japfest a cpl of weeks back..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm really happy with mine so far.
ok thanks for all those thoughts

the galvanised thing is the only downer I can think of-and we wont know for a good few years if it will be a problem

especially in the salted roads of Aberdeenshire

·
Registered
349 Posts
in a good few years you wont care anyway.

then another good few years before it becomes a problem for MOT

lets say a purchase of £7000 for an average spec Logan.

lets say (and i dont think it will) its starts rusting after 5 years, then another 3 years before it causes isues (again it wont)

Now think a medium spec astra estate with a decent eco engine will cost you £15-16,000

in 8 years an astra will be worth what £1,995, a loss of £13,000

Put Logan in the bin and you lose????? £7,000 over 8 years

overall a saving of £6,000 in a very poor worst case scenario.

in essence what im saying is, who cares?? buy it, use it, bin it, whatever!!!!!!! youll still save enough to buy another access sandero, and get another worst case scenario 8 years lol

You cant actually lose

·
Registered
7 Posts
in a good few years you wont care anyway.

then another good few years before it becomes a problem for MOT

lets say a purchase of £7000 for an average spec Logan.

lets say (and i dont think it will) its starts rusting after 5 years, then another 3 years before it causes isues (again it wont)

Now think a medium spec astra estate with a decent eco engine will cost you £15-16,000

in 8 years an astra will be worth what £1,995, a loss of £13,000

Put Logan in the bin and you lose????? £7,000 over 8 years

overall a saving of £6,000 in a very poor worst case scenario.

in essence what im saying is, who cares?? buy it, use it, bin it, whatever!!!!!!! youll still save enough to buy another access sandero, and get another worst case scenario 8 years lol

You cant actually lose
you are right

no doubt about it

the only question is 'is a second hand skoda estate better than a new dacia?'

1 - 20 of 24 Posts