UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been spoilt with my last two cars having built in sat nav. I have ordered my Duster but now need to buy a Sat Nav when it is delivered... does anyone know if there is a satnav that will sit neatly on the cut out on the dash in centre of console.. Would like to get a permanent connection rather than use the cigar lighter. Or if there is one that will go straight into the front centre console :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
I know it's a bit cheapskate but if you have an iPhone the Navfree app is really good. I have a TomTom but tend to end up using the free satnav as I have a bracket on the windscreen for my phone. :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Can second that Navfree app as not only does it do a reasonable job in the car but it also works on the rivers on the Norfolk Broads.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.. I have just downloaded NavFree for my Android Galxy S3.. will give it a try and see how it goes.. just need my new Duster now ;)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.. Hey I'm off to Norfolk for a few days next week with the wife, never been to Norfolk looking forward to it.. without Duster though..

Been told it may be getting delivered next week.. we will have to wait and see, just waiting to have the protection pack installed wherever they hold them before they are transported to dealers...

·
Registered
217 Posts
No I've never needed it Paul , just turned the thing on to check boat speed and the rivers showed up and the boat position.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Begs the question why not go for the MediaNav in the first place,great piece of kit I have it in my Lodgy. But the next best thing is a piece of kit I got off ebay a couple of years ago for £37 delivered to UK with a 4 inch screen but you can't update it got everything on it and you can use it in pedestrian mode if you go walk about in strange places and use it to get back to your car. If you want an free update able one for about £60 go for the larger screen version. Only snag is that you will have to use a connection and bracket that comes with it. Even though I have the MediaNav I still use my cheepo sat nav on occasions, If you go for the none update able version it is still cheaper to by a new one at a later date than updates for TomTom etc..

I have been spoilt with my last two cars having built in sat nav. I have ordered my Duster but now need to buy a Sat Nav when it is delivered... does anyone know if there is a satnav that will sit neatly on the cut out on the dash in centre of console.. Would like to get a permanent connection rather than use the cigar lighter. Or if there is one that will go straight into the front centre console :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts