UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found white dust under carpet in drivers side looks like i have damp problem anyone else had the same

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Alan
This is reminiscent of "George is Leaking". Which was regarding door seal integrity last summer...huge thread....look it up...
As a result, the door seal on the duster....the long gutter one...was redesigned ...and you will have this on Manny cos hes alot newer.
Have you been dripped on...like a tap drip?
Open the drivers door...and follow the huge door seal from the back of the car to the front...it should be fairly straight....minor wiggles are fine thats normal...
Check that in the drivers door hinge area the door seal finishes by touching on the grey foamy stuff and there isnt a gap
Check the inner door aperture seal is also intact...it has a join at the bottom...again normal...

Next time it rains hard, and stops, go outside and check the water marks on the seal and that none is getting in....a mark all the way round is good shows its working...

These are the main points for the door seal....and the underside of my original carpets disintegrated as a result.

They were cheap arnold clarke ones...which were replaced by dacia ones no worries since.

To test the door seal the dealers take the car to be water tested...takes a couple of days...

I got it all sorted...under warranty...via CS who were amazingly helpful and kind about it...it was a nightmare cos the part was redesigned, withdrawn and put on back order...but cos of George they were all changed...

So...wait til it rains....check those points out....

Or like Big G says...it cud just be crappy mats !!!!! :D

Hope this helps

DM x

Silvery silver is the shiniest !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts