UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
anyone else fed up with trying to keep the white Stepway looking nice.?
all I seem to do is clean, polish crud off it :(

a typical day for me..
nice dry sunny day
just washed and waxed, car looks great..

nip to shop 10 mile round trip..
front end covered in bird crap and ..?
out with the polish again ,, tried all sorts of polish and waxes..

nothing Keeps the bugs and bird poo off :(
I feel like the car is just a magnet for birds etc

1st white Car I've ever owned and will be the last..!

·
Registered
110 Posts
the white does need regular cleaning but it does look good and my logan have found it a hard car to clean due to styling but still like the economy

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man up lol....!!!!
Black is a lot worse than white to keep clean. Silver is the easiest to hide dirt. The best thing to prevent bird poo is a shot gun, I keep mine in the boot heheheh
Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App
Na had black cars forever..! easy to clean as long as you dry them..
to hide water marks..

White..
always covered in little brown dots of crap.. (that you can't see on black cars)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Im past that, a little dirt makes it look more offroad. I clean it once every other week.
Its no idea to clean it more often because, as you said superiorjet, it gets dirt after a daily run.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
I'm with bent-toe (except for the "every other week"). The longer you leave it the more satisfying the temporary sparkle!!! :)

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Give it a clean then a once over with armour all "armour shield" last for about 10 washes. I love the stuff, basically leaves a non stick surface on your paintwork. Works a treat :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a white Dokker ,looks immaculate all the time.

I use poormans car polish for light coloured vehicles ,so easy to put on ,buff it up to a mirror finish, have a cup of tea and a rest, then pop out and apply a coat of Turtle wax platinum extra gloss ,again so easy and quick to put on, this acts as a shine sealer and lasts for about 12 washes.

After that when necessary, it's a quick hose down and chamois leather over to take off excess water and it is fit for the showroom again.

Wouldn't have any other colour!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Give it a clean then a once over with armour all "armour shield" last for about 10 washes. I love the stuff, basically leaves a non stick surface on your paintwork. Works a treat :)

I was going to suggest the same product. It does a fantastic job of minimising the adhesion of dirt to the paintwork. If any mud etc. does adhere, a simple hose rinse will clean the protected surface. AND it is easier to apply and remove than many traditional waxes. It is best described as a synthetic high-tech. sealant. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Collinite 476s is my tip, everything slides off it, including the cat

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I got my white stepway paint protection on it, haven't washed it for 3 weeks now still looks clean.wen it rains that seems to wash it for me .just go rid of a black car hated it, never seemed clean apart from first wash, always lucs class white stepway.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts

I know I'm digging up an old post, but I seen this the other night and went and bought armour all, just finished cleaning the car and what a difference.

Had the clay kit out on some parts as have noticed specks of blue paint and this took it off a treat, so just need to see how dirty my white car gets :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all, my stepway is black and I'm finding hard to keep my sophie clean, I'm finding hard to wash the watermarks away and it gets dusty after a day or 2, doh

·
Registered
985 Posts
I had a white car...once, I'm not in a hurry to repeat the experience! Dark grey is my favourite, looks smart and keeps looking good even when dirty. This is my 3rd car in dark (slate) grey.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Had my white stepway for 9 months now dont use water anymore use water less showroomshine also puts a polish on aswell spray it on use one micro cloth to clean dirt another micro cloth to polish doesn't seem to damaged paint work have used 3 bottles upto now as i neverlet car get realy dirty .one thing i like doing is keeping my car clean .now retired gives me something to do

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Silver's and Grey's are the best to look clean, black is more difficult to keep clean than white cars from my own experience
agreed with that, and white cars dont show every little imperfection.
I'd guess that met red dacia does always looks clean too, our c max is tango red, and my c4 was wicked red, neither really looked dirty ever.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Hi all, my stepway is black and I'm finding hard to keep my sophie clean, I'm finding hard to wash the watermarks away and it gets dusty after a day or 2, doh
the best product I used on a black car was autoglyms ultra deep shine, it was like a black coloured wax (your hands get caked in it) that covered those fine scratches in the topcoat brilliantly, the only.problem was it didn't last very long.
After using it I'd guess an overcoat of turtle waxs gloss guard would have sealed it in awhile longer, I say gloss guard as it is really watery and goes on and off with minimal effort and buffing and the water used to stand up on it like nothing else.
Also with less effort it wouldn't remove the softer autoglyms product which made my tatty black car look immaculate.
The only problem being is I can't find it anymore, if anyone sees the product (in a similar bottle to the hard shell shine thats been around for years, but says gloss guard in metallic writing on the front) can you post somewhere on here where? I'd say it's even better than collinite as it's the easiest to apply wax I've ever used, you could probably do half the car in the time it takes to do the bonnet with collinite.

·
Registered
269 Posts
My Stepway is black, too. It's got six coats of Turtle Wax and silicone polish on it and now I just spray it with wax and water at the local pressure wash, wipe dry with a synthetic chamois, then polish up with an old T shirt. And I do this every two weeks. Even under the dust it still sparkles. Once in a routine it will look great most of the time, although I accept you will face more rain and adverse weather than I do. Black is a trade-off. The shiniest of colours, but that bit more difficult to look after.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
My Stepway is black, too. It's got six coats of Turtle Wax and silicone polish on it and now I just spray it with wax and water at the local pressure wash, wipe dry with a synthetic chamois, then polish up with an old T shirt. And I do this every two weeks. Even under the dust it still sparkles. Once in a routine it will look great most of the time, although I accept you will face more rain and adverse weather than I do. Black is a trade-off. The shiniest of colours, but that bit more difficult to look after.
I'd hope it's a bit Better than fords effort with black, it was awful, it'd mark every time it was washed.
Haha I'm with you on the old T shirt, I've been known to use an old pair of boxers before now, I can't get on with wax unless it's buffed off with cotton ;-)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts