UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am the lucky owner of a Dacia Duster, but just want to know why in Qatar & India where I have just got back from the Duster is definately a Renault not Dacia?

·
Registered
535 Posts
It's the other way around. The Duster is a Dacia but rebadged as Renault in countryes where Renault isn't popular to improve their market share by offering affordable cars wich are selling far better compared to the Renault products.

·
Registered
193 Posts
It's the other way around. The Duster is a Dacia but rebadged as Renault in countryes where Renault isn't popular to improve their market share by offering affordable cars wich are selling far better compared to the Renault products.
Although my understanding of Dacia is that although a company in it's own right, it's effectively a Renault in terms of what it's made of. Renault parts, engine, electrics and built in the Renault/Nissan plant in India.

Renault have been really clever wit the Dacia brand. I mean you look at the current Renault range and it's a lot more high class, shiny interiors, fancy features and much more of a premium feel. Of course the pricing follows that as well as they're certainly creeping up in price towards the VAG range of things. Leaves a perfect gap in the market for a range like Dacia! :)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I read that they were going to launch in the USA as the Nissan Duster............ just can't remember where I read it :unsure:

·
Registered
319 Posts
You can buy a new front grille from LZPARTS.DE for the Duster. The part that goes across the top of the grille in chrome is what i mean. It comes with the standard RENAUL|T badge on it as per the other non DACIA badged ones others refer to on here. So if you dont like the Dacia badges, go buy one of these and its a simple swap over. Same goes for the boot badge by Dacia , change it for the Renault version ..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well if they sold as a Dacia in South Africa, they wouldn't be selling as well as they do now, it all has to do with brand awareness and they mindset of the people that are buying them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It was just the right time for a Budget brand in UK . Renault is already here & not seen by the British as being a cheap ! brand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts