UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been one for adding accessories to new cars but the Duster seems make you want to accessorise it like a demon possessed! Fitted Heko wind deflectors, which I actually think look quite good on the car. But is it just me, or do they increase wind noise with the windows shut?

·
Registered
571 Posts
I've never been one for adding accessories to new cars but the Duster seems make you want to accessorise it like a demon possessed! Fitted Heko wind deflectors, which I actually think look quite good on the car. But is it just me, or do they increase wind noise with the windows shut?
You are quite right, I have noticed the same... Also noticed (only seen in photos) that the Dacia ones seem to have more of a radius profile.. Would be nice to see some actually fitted to confirm..

And I am wondering if the radius profile will not increase wind noise... Not had the car out on a run since fitting last week, but will during this weekend... And if they continue to annoy me... They will be coming off!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
It would be logical that they do increase wind noise and also fuel consumption because of the increased drag on the car.

There purpose after all is to deflect the wind away from the opening when the windows are open and prevent the drumming noise that can be created in the car. So unless you drive with the windows open a lot you need to be sure about fitting them.

Mind you they are cheaper than the air con option ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm wondering if the increase in noise is also due to the clips keeping the window very slightly open? They do look nice though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts