UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...just bought a new Duster...Access model uk. Really like it but just a minor niggle. Wind noise...driver side at 35mph plus. Does anyone have a fix for this?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Your Lucky you have a noise to listen too, I`m one of the many still waiting for my Duster!!. Take it back to the Dealer`s That`s what their for to sort any problems out!

Hi...just bought a new Duster...Access model uk. Really like it but just a minor niggle. Wind noise...driver side at 35mph plus. Does anyone have a fix for this?

·
Registered
53 Posts
hi terry, no I don't get any wind noise on mine even at 70mph. Have you got any roof bars fitted ive read that makes a lot of wind noise

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks...time to go back to dealer I think. Could be dislodged padding at door sill. I am confident that it is fixable..thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
The noise I get is from the dash air vents when set to send air into the car. its a bit like when you see a kid swinging one of those tubes around that make a noise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not trivial my friend...when you hear it..if you buy one you might have a different opinion.

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
The noise I get is from the dash air vents when set to send air into the car. its a bit like when you see a kid swinging one of those tubes around that make a noise.
I don't think there's any pollen filtering in the duster, I think the air vents are like the ones of old where you would get leaves and dust coming through them, hence the wind noise.

Just cost cutting !

·
Registered
431 Posts
Should be fairly easy to fit one ... Usually under the glove box ... The footwell where the passengers feet are. Need to get in under there and have a look myself but as usual the missus is off with the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know this is a year old but it might help. I've had the same problem with my new Sandero and had a road test with the dealer this morning. Right away the technician said it was the aerial sitting at the wrong angle! We stopped and he adjusted it so that it is at the same angle as the windscreen. Up to 70mph once again and - hey presto - not a hint of air noise. Strange but true!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts