UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Duster for just over a year and on several occassions the wind screen has dangerously misted up while driving. It always happens around very hot day time weather.

I was on the motor way with my children in the car when I put on AC and within 5 seconds the wind screen only completely fogged up - I could not see at all out the wind screen and so slapped on the hazards and pulled into the side of the road. It was terrifying and sat there messing with the controls until ADVENTUALLY the wind screen cleared.

This has to be a fault in the AC air direction or something and I was wondering has it happened to anyone else.

It has happened again to me this summer and I had to again pull in the car. This time I took photographs and will attach.

I think this is a recall situation and could potentially have killed me and my 5 children - i am now terrified to change the car temperature for fear of this happening again.

There was nothing wet in the car and the pollen filter is not clogged.

I have had several cars with AC in them and this has never happened before.

Take a look at the photo attached and believe me when i say it took 5 seconds for this to happen.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm not an expert but I believe this can happen because there is condensation on something to do with the air conditioning system which briefly gets blown through the system (and into the vehicle). The best thing to do is leave the air con ON as it will quickly dehumidify and get rid of the condensation.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Have experienced this myself on the Stepway, but only when either damp people or a very damp dog has got in it. Check you haven't got any water ingress / damp carpets or anything like that.

If it does start to happen, usually dropping the window 1/2 inch will slow / stop it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I used to get this in my Mondeos ( I've had a few). Initial start of AC would fog windows up then eventually clear. As Dephanix said, when you switch off engine and aircon was still running condensation drains back down the pipes. I used to switch off aircon 5 mins before stopping to dry out vents if I remembered. Don't think there is anything wrong, it's just finding the right solution to prevent it.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Mine mists up in seconds as soon as rain hits the screen, but only in the middle. Nowhere near as bad as yours

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts