UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I've seen lots of posts of owners fitting window deflectors on their cars.

I was wondering if I could have some of your thoughts about them.

How easy are they to fit?. Do they work?. Would you buy them again?.

Cheers

·
Registered
279 Posts
I had them on previous cars but not yet on my sandero. They are easy to fit, do serve a purpose and look good imo.
I will buy them for my sandero at some point.
Look for "team heko" branded ones though. They look better than others.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Got em, yesterday. Alas one has arrived broken.
I was worried that they may be a bit brittle, not sure if I should warm them up a bit before trying to fit them....
I got mine in no prob without warming them. I put the front end in first, then flexed them in the middle so I could get the back end in, then the rest just popped into the channel.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Newbie here I have a a stepway and have fitted team heko deflectors but the drivers side window is hitting it slightly any suggestions how I can solve this problem.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Newbie here I have a a stepway and have fitted team heko deflectors but the drivers side window is hitting it slightly any suggestions how I can solve this problem.
Mine did that keep your window closed for a day or 2, Then they do eventually settle down...

I fitted my set on one Steppy, Then had to take them off and fit them on another Steppy, Both times they were a little catchy but both times they settled down, but on the second fit on one window I had to give them a little flex with the window closed at the area they were catching just to help them bed in..
They just need a bit o time to bed into there sear between the glass and the door rubber, They bed in quicker in the warmer months.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've fitted a set on mine and on the front passenger side, they are rattling when the window is closed. As soon as I open the window, it stops!!

I'm going to have to try and remove the metal clips and see if that makes a difference. If not, I might end up removing the lot and binning them as the rattling noise is doing my head in!!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I've fitted a set on mine and on the front passenger side, they are rattling when the window is closed. As soon as I open the window, it stops!!

I'm going to have to try and remove the metal clips and see if that makes a difference. If not, I might end up removing the lot and binning them as the rattling noise is doing my head in!!

You prob need to move the clips along a bit....

To get the clips out get something thin and strong ( but not sharp like a knife ) Prise it behind the metal clip and lever it out from the edge so you can grab it with a pair of long nose pliers and you should be able to pull the clip straigt out.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Thanks for the replies, I think the problem is my heko deflectors never came with clips to hold them in place.
Thanks for the replies, I think the problem is my heko deflectors never came with clips to hold them in place.
If you still have the packaging the clips are sealed in the end of one of the plastic bags the deflectors are sealed in... the are quite small metal clips.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Ok thanks i will have a look later do you think they are a good accessory or should I just leave them off.
Yea they are defo worth putting on,They hold them in place properly and will help stop your issue with the window catching on the deflectors... They also make it difficult for oportunist thieves to steal them off your car...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok thanks I just don't want to spoil the look of the car as they are tinted and my windows aren't. Any other helpful suggestions you can think of would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Ok thanks I just don't want to spoil the look of the car as they are tinted and my windows aren't. Any other helpful suggestions you can think of would be appreciated.
You don't see the clips when they are fitted, they go up inside the groove behind them, You push them up in the channel that the glass goes into..

If you are looking for other suggestions feel free to browse through what I have done to mine.. Here is the link for you...
http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/topic/7481-stepway-my-modifications/

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...I've had Heko deflectors on my Duster for a few months, and I wouldn't want to be without them: they do their job well, compensate for the lack of aircon, and don't look out of place...

...as others have said, any initial ill-fitting should settle down after a while.

Joe

Attachments

1 - 20 of 58 Posts