UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within 2 weeks of getting my Duster, had a stone chip which the next day evolved into a crack. Need new windscreen.

If this happens to anyone else, my advice is to try National Windscreens, who have managed to source a screen quickly. Autoglass could not source one at all - advised it could take weeks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Very sorry to hear this . Many thanks for the sourcing tip.

Hope your keeper ensures you are well clear of any glass fragments if you are still riding in the front passenger seat.

Reactions: Maud Fondeo

·
Registered
431 Posts
Bad Luck Springer, hope they did a good job. Hope it's not a sign of things to come for the rest of us.

Was the replacement an exact Renault/Dacia official part?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to hear about you're bad luck, still at least I'm not the only one having incidents. Had the car less than a week and got a puncture, and in the last couple of days noticed scratches in the paintwork and the rear number plate is falling off, and one side of the rear seats lower than the other... time to call the dealer I think

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Slowly but surely the cheapness is showing itself !!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i keep saying it, but there is a definate difference in quality between the romanian and indian factory.

nothing to worry about for sandero, stepaway and logan owners may i add.
Isn't it a bit early to reach that conclusion?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yes agree with skrich, been living with mine now for 2 weeks or 1300kms and nothing has fallen off yet :D. I know not very long but 2dusterchris has his for 4000miles and he seems to be doing well. You always tend to hear he bad stuff before everything else. We probably need to leave it a few months before we draw propper conclusions.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Windscreen replaced - same as Sandero, apparently.

No glass in my paws... :D

As far as other issues, have driven about 1300 miles in varying conditions - from off-road to motorways, and have no issues whatsoever with the Duster. As others have said, probably too early to say for sure, but so far so good.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Isn't it a bit early to reach that conclusion?
yes and no.,

when the duster was first launched, they had quality issues in the romanian factory and over time they have been dealt wih with the factory producing strong quality products.

The indian factory appears to be having quality issues, some down to poor workmanship, some probably down to poor training (putting items in the wrong way around!) and some down to the pressure to produce vehicles at a fast rate to meet demand.

Either way, Dacia needs to be careful to make sure these problems are identified early and dealt with at source, they dont want to be wasting away their profit margin correcting problems with the Dacia when the cars arrive in the UK.

A bad reputation for build quality will have a adverse affect on the sandero, stepaway and logan despite these vehicles being produced in the strong romanian factory.

They run the risk of damaging the brand.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Indian factory has been making Nissan car's for a while the problem is the sheer volume they are making however all manufacturers have problems some don't bother to fix the problems so at least dacia is doing something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts