UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With colder weather I notice a slow warm up of my Duster dCi 110 4x4. Normal driving just two bars appear on the temperature gauge after 1.5 miles. I have to drive quite aggressively to warm up to 4 bars. The agent has checked and confirmed the cooling system is working OK. In view of the large radiator and air intake. Would it be a good idea to make some sort of a radiator muff?

Anyone else think the same?

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Just drive normally, the engine will heat up soon enough.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, It's me again, Notpiks, Not sure I made the point I intended.

My real concern is that on ordinary driving in winter - I only get two bars on the temperature gauge while in summer it was four. The heater is not very warm, even after driving 20 miles, so it's not just a warm up issue. If I am using full power up a long steep hill the gauge does rise to four bars but after the effort drops down to two. Blasting down the motorway I get four bars and a hot heater. Do other drivers find the same?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Arghh I see, this could be a slightly ineffective thermostat (if fitted) - maybe worth a call to the garage because in these temps it should after 5 miles be running normal temp and a hot heater

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Arghh I see, this could be a slightly ineffective thermostat (if fitted) - maybe worth a call to the garage because in these temps it should after 5 miles be running normal temp and a hot heater
I took it to our main agent, they took car in for half an hour and said there was nothing wrong. I remember many years ago buying a Morris Traveller and later discovering the thermostat was stuck open, the engine was ruined. When the clutch went and it would not drive at all I pushed out side. Some one bought it for the price I paid an hour later but then an exchange drive chain was £60! I may have to get a second opinion. Notpiks

·
Registered
756 Posts
Just a thought, have you bought one of the engine obd sensor recorders, that should give you accurate temp recordings, cost a £10 from flea bay, could be you worth it

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a thought, have you bought one of the engine obd sensor recorders, that should give you accurate temp recordings, cost a £10 from flea bay, could be you worth it
Do you have one? if so which. Not many say Renault or Dacia compatible. A good idea though. By the way what does your temperature gauge say in normal driving. two bars or four bars? Does everyone get the same?/ Notpiks

·
Registered
183 Posts
My 110 diesel clears the mist off the windscreen almost immediately and it runs on 2 bars on the temp gauge all the time whatever the weather..

It once went up to 4 bars when I was in a 30 mile tail back on the M1 but thats it.

Effin' love this car. ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My 110 diesel clears the mist off the windscreen almost immediately and it runs on 2 bars on the temp gauge all the time whatever the weather..

It once went up to 4 bars when I was in a 30 mile tail back on the M1 but thats it.

Effin' love this car. ;)
That's reassuring thanks .. Notpiks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mine runs with 2 blobs for most of the time and that's with summer temps up to 45c. On the odd occassion it'll go to 4 blobs but not often.

These gauges are not linear so I wouldn't worry about it. Most cars will have the needle/blobs in the same place for quite a range of temperature.

You could always buy an external digital temp sensor to check the actual engine temp and then you'll know exactly what temp your engines running at. £10 on eBay.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i only see 2 bars when its colder. even after an hour on the motorway. i think the gage only goes up in two's so it must be hovering between the two now there is cooler air about

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Mine showed 4 bars in the summer, but is now already struggling to get above 2 bars on a 26 mile daily commute including a chunk of motorway driving. It is effecting the performance of the heater which can take +10 miles to throw out notable warmth.

I will be covering up some of the radiator to improve the situation as i hate to think how long its going to take when the temp drops below zero.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts