UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put mine on....... so please UK drivers get some so that when you get 4 inches of snow the whole of the UK wont come to a stand still :eek: ..... we carry on driving regardless with 1 m of snow and laugh till we cry every year at the UK's drivers inability to cope in a flurry .... and then in turn the locals take the michael out of me because of it. :(

Steve...the Brit in Germany :lol:

·
Registered
895 Posts
where in Germany mate ! Stu the Brit in Germany is in the Black Forest 76307

Put mine on 2 weeks a go and they will come off at Easter

·
Registered
756 Posts
Yeah but Steve the uk

We don't have much take up of winter tyres

We don't have the gritter/plough network

We also have prats in BMW and Audi's here lol

·
Registered
895 Posts
Its law over here ! if its slippery due to frost or minus temp and you have a accident your in the Shi+ and correct as well As you know I live in the Black forest and we have some real hairy areas to get round and it only needs some Prat who thinks he dont need winter tires to mess up a perfect running road ! also on some passes you will hear on the radio (mainly Bavaria or the Feldberg area in the Black Forest ) that Snow chains are needed Mainly directed at HGV vehicles ..all the same though I take off my hat to any Brit who Buys his or her winter Tires ! you are doing something good for your car and for other road users :)

as usual

Just my thoughts

·
Registered
895 Posts
look at my avatar LOL Yes RCT yonks ago and a few egg banjos in Belfast in the 70s ! they did not get me so I am still chasing the German bier and Brattys ! Coesfeld ? wasnt there a ammo dump there ! Dulman

·
Registered
895 Posts
I also used to truck out of Oelde with a Germany Spedition to Tunisia Greece Jugoland and anywhere they sent me :rolleyes: Till I saw the light

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes mate im still in Dulmen but Civillian now and tonight for the last time in history i have nightshift in Oxford bks Munster.... tomorrow it closes and will be given back to the Germans.

ex Banjo maker here....

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Got my winter tyres put on on Monday so all ready for the big snowfall that's supposed to hit Yorkshire next week. The steel wheels don't like as nice as my alloys though!!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Just put mine on....... so please UK drivers get some so that when you get 4 inches of snow the whole of the UK wont come to a stand still :eek: ..... we carry on driving regardless with 1 m of snow and laugh till we cry every year at the UK's drivers inability to cope in a flurry .... and then in turn the locals take the michael out of me because of it. :(

Steve...the Brit in Germany :lol:
Yeah the German response to snow and bad weather is legendary' the Wehrmacht really showed the red army in 1942 at Stalingrad how to deal with it.,

1 - 20 of 36 Posts