UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A great deal in Asda at the Moment a twin pack of rainX Rain Repellent & Anti Fog only £3.75 for the twin pack.
What a great deal getting both of them for less than you would normally pay for just one of them which are £5 each singly in Asda.
For those who have never tried rainX yet you don't know what you are missing until you try it, But here is a couple of links so you can see why I swear by it... And yes it does exactly what it says on the tin.

http://www.rainx.co.uk/rain-x-products/rain-x-rain-repellent/

http://www.rainx.co.uk/rain-x-products/rain-x-anti-fog/

Once treated with rainX your glass will be much easier to keep clean and clear through the winter, The insides will demist quicker.. The outsides will not freeze up as much as untreated glass and will be far easier & quicker to clear than untreated glass.

The other product I got for a good price in Asda Today is a BLUECOL 3in1 Winter *De-Icer *Glass Cleaner * Rain Repellent.
In a 1 Litre trigger spray for £3.

This is great for clearing Ice off your windscreen, but cleans & protects at the same time its well worth £3 of anyone's money...

Gillette say they are the best a man can get... Well treating your screen with rainx and De-Icing with Bluecol 3in1 is 10 times better....

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up Nessi - will head to Asda today to pick some up.
In my local Asda they were both not in the car section itself, They were on the shelves at the end of the isle, The ones they put all the deals on if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I went to get some last weekend and it was "on sale" at £4 each so I thought I'd wait. ???? going back this weekend for a check.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for posting this. I went to get some last weekend and it was "on sale" at £4 each so I thought I'd wait. going back this weekend for a check.
Lol they are back up to £5 each this week, but they have a special on the twin pack @ £3.75, When I seen it yesterday I had to turn away and rub my eyes then look again at the price on the shelf label I thought I was seeing things.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Rainx is great especially at 50+ mph. Find that when I'm at lower speeds, I need to use my wipers more which ends up taking the rainx layer off though. Prestone washer fluid works in a similar way and tops up the effect every time you use it, so I recommend that too

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Only the rain repellant mate. Just put it on but it didnt 'mist' much when applied so not sure if i put enough on?????

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Only the rain repellant mate. Just put it on but it didnt 'mist' much when applied so not sure if i put enough on?????
£2.50 for a bottle of RainX that was a good deal, Did you get the pure RainX ( 200ml bottle ) or the 3in1 ( trigger spray).

It only faintly mists, It works best when you put it on sparingly if you put too much on it can streak.... 2 very sparingly coats work beast.... You will soon see you have applied enough next time it rains or just throw a cup of water over your screen and watch it disperse...

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
The anti fog stuff works a treat on the bathroom mirrors :)

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the tips Adzilla/Nessi!
Its the 200 ml I have got.
That's the pure RainX...

Over the years I have used this stuff, I find that I get the best results by....

Applying very sparingly...
I put a layer on vertically on the glass, Then put another layer on top of the first coat horizontally to ensure even coverage.... ( no need to buff between then ).

Then I give it time to cure and form a light haze, I sprinkle a little water on it ( just a few drops ) then give it a good buff.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Cheers mate. I did the circular motion application today.
See how it goes, only did the windscreen. Might do all the windows tomorrow :)

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers mate. I did the circular motion application today.
See how it goes, only did the windscreen. Might do all the windows tomorrow :)
Just do lines mate. it works better....
When I have finished putting it on the glass, I then give my wiper blades a wipe with the remains on the applicator cloth I have used.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Just do lines mate. it works better....
When I have finished putting it on the glass, I then give my wiper blades a wipe with the remains on the applicator cloth I have used.
I did the blades with the remains, I remembered that tip :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Right, I took the plunge and applied rainX to my windscreen, as per Nessi's instructions with a vertical and then horizontal application.

I think it's too good, when you use the wipers the first stroke takes all the water away, and then on the return they stick to dry glass and jump / stutter. This causes water to shake off the wiper arms one the glass....

Any thoughts from people who use it a lot?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts