UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Another silly question if I may…..

I've searched and can't find an answer, my front wipers leave terrible smear marks on the screen. Not only is it annoying but dangerous as it impairs my view. I had the wipers replaced by the dealer but the problem is back.

Any idea how I can cure this, or what type of decent wiper blades (and where!) I can buy?

Cheers for your help.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Hi Mck...

Before spending any money...have you tried wiping them with a damp cloth to remove any grit and grime...?

It might help as a temporary measure before you get new ones

DM x

ps welcome to Daciadom...the best dom to be in :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another silly one.... I checked on the Dacia site and it says 20", hook type. Thats what im going for........

·
Registered
319 Posts
Try putting some fluid additive in the washer store. It stops the noise after you squirt the screen . Also , use some fairy liquid on the screen on a cloth and wash off after. This will remove the road grease and dirt. If all else fails go for the new wipers as they may not be sitting at the right angle on the screen hence the noise.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
The supplied wipers on the Duster are very poor, I swapped mine for the same ones from Tesco and the difference is huge.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I use Rained on my windscreen, reduces the work that the wipers need to do.

Sent from my Motorola Xoom using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think you mean RAINEX...??

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I use Rained on my windscreen, reduces the work that the wipers need to do.

Sent from my Motorola Xoom using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app
I think you mean RAINEX...??
Predictive text again I expect but I have to agree with DatzaDusta. I spray the windows after I wash the car and haven't had problems since and that's with the original wiper blades.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update - I've put a new set of wipers on and its an amazing difference..... just one point, my passenger wiper was 20" and the drivers is 21" I think I might have bought the "Friday afetrnoon built car"

Cheers for all your advice, very much appreciated.

·
Registered
230 Posts
my wipers are the same 20 on passenger 21 on driver.

thinking of using a 23 next time on the drivers side. it wont clash with the passenger one or over run off the edges

·
Registered
236 Posts
Predictive text again I expect but I have to agree with DatzaDusta. I spray the windows after I wash the car and haven't had problems since and that's with the original wiper blades.
Yes, I did mean Rainex! I find it works really well, but also every time I wash the car I wipe the wiper blades too so that combo works for me.

Sent from my MZ604 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

1 - 14 of 14 Posts