UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the wiring harness in the ambiance the same as the lauriete? Just wonderd if there was a certain amount of plug&play available eg . Is there a connector in the rear for an additional accessory socket?

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Just noticed this hadn't been answered. I'm sure the connections are the same throughout the range, even the access models have wiring in place.

No sure what you mean by accessory but I don't think so, some aftermarket radios have extra outputs for usb etc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correct , NineCherries! ( wonder what the cherries are ).

As a DIYer and Yorkshireman, I thought that if the wiring harness was in place then it might just be a case of connecting accessory sockets into it and perhaps adding a fuse to activate it.

Also might be able to add DLR lights and a switch.

I see these add on packages as a bit of plug and play, perhaps I'm wrong in some cases.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In the next few weeks I'll be opening the rear of the car to fit the tow bar and an electromagnetic reversing sensor. I'll let you know what I find. ;)

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Hi Scaley, I'd be interested in how the electromagnetic reversing sensor goes. I've been looking at that as an alternative to drilling holes in the bumper but had read that the tow bar can interfere with them. Also any pics while fitting would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
308 Posts
There are no spare ways in the fuse box at all. hence the tow bar electrics and dlr's have fuses shoved behind the battery!!

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
If you get the Renault tow bar wiring harness, at least for the 7 pin tow bar, it bridges the existing wiring loom and adds an output socket for the tow bar electrics. Saves the hassle of running a live through the vehicle passenger compartment.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the tow bar wiring harness, the question is about the existing car wiring harness.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Sorry, Scaley I was just musing to Topofall's comment. As for your query, it's a 5 min job to remove the panel/s where the acc skt sits on the Laureate to see if indeed the wiring is standard throughout the range. Be interesting to know when you find out :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks GTG , but I'm not querying the tow bar wiring installation. I've got everything for that. When I do the fitting of the tow bar, I'll be removing the inner plastics. Then I'll be able to see the cars' wiring harness. As I have an ambiance I'll be looking to see if there are any empty connectors that would have been used on a lauriette for the rear accessory socket. If they exist then perhaps the ambience wiring harness is the same as the lauriette but without the toys plugged in. I was just wanting a heads up.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
There's a gap under the parcel shelf edge, I managed to stick my phone in there and take a picture. The accessory socket seems to be fed via the black plastic sheathed wiring that you can see in the picture if that helps you.

I won't post the pic as it's a bit big but here's the link http://www.marnoch.org/galleryhm/Duster/accessorywiring.jpg

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
In the next few weeks I'll be opening the rear of the car to fit the tow bar and an electromagnetic reversing sensor. I'll let you know what I find. ;)
Hi Scaley, just wondering if you'd managed to fit the electromagnetic parking sensor at and if so how effective its been?

I'll be under the car in the next week or so to fit my spare wheel cradle so wondering whether to fit the normal sensors I have or wait to order some EM ones.
Thanks,
P

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
From what I've read of EM sensors you're better off with the ultrasonic ones. EM seem to have difficulty if mounted near metal (it's a car duh!) and also seem to have problems in the wet, not being able to see past a wet bumper. If you take those issues and add the very high price I don't think EM sensors are worth buying.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My EM sensor kit cost less than £12 delivered , I'm not expecting too much from them but I've had really bad performance from the ultrasonic sensors on the orther car, so for the price and whilst messing about with the rear end of the car I thought I'd try them. I'll let you know if they perform.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
At £12 it's definitely worth a try.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts