UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone wired up their second rear fog light? Got any photos of how its done?

Or pointers to anywhere with instructions?

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
2nd foglight? in what model?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Surely only 1 is wired because both wired could look like brake lights. All my vehicles have only 1 fog lamp.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I haven't done it myself yet, but came across the issue when I had to wire my parking sensors to the reversing lights.
Checked with my dealer and he says it was spec out like this for the UK market.

As far I can see it just involves running a +ve wire from one fog light cluster to the other. And there is already a bulb in place as well.
So might just give it go.

I believe most cars, and my previous car (Rover 600) had twin fog lights. So I guess it is just cost cutting by Diacia.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I can't see 90cm of wire being much of a saving but I suppose if you multiply it by thousands...

·
Registered
517 Posts
Had the local dealer wire mine up while fitting my spotlights (see Sandero Stepway aftermarket), sorry but the sparky did the job so quickly I didn't get a chance to see what he did but it can't be hard. However mindful that corners MAY have been cut on the rear fog switch capacity I changed the bulbs for red LEDs.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Has the MOT law changed,it used to be any lights fitted must me working,if its still the same are our cars illegal ?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wrong size spare wheels fitted to Stepways, Fog lights not wired up, possible rust issues, MOT? Could be a problem.
Sorry but i have the wrong size spare wheel :D and dont have a problem,fog light could be right or a minor oversight dont know of any major rust problems with the sandero,why do we have a ford driver on here trashing our choices

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry but i have the wrong size spare wheel :D and dont have a problem,fog light could be right or a minor oversight dont know of any major rust problems with the sandero,why do we have a ford driver on here trashing our choices
I had a white sandero, rust came out on the front, tiny but there, after reading about the dusters and other issues I decided to sell the thing before it became too late. No9w bought a second hand Focus, brilliant car. So after having a sandero I can write first hand. A wrong size wheel and it is not a problem for you? The perfect customer.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
back to the foglamp issue....

im pretty certain that the minimum requirement in uk is one rear fog light set on the offside of the car....

front fog lamps are not mandatory, are optional...according to the dvla .gov website

the highway code states that u must not dazzle other drivers or use front or rear foglsmps unless visibilty is seriously reduced....so sidelights and fogs on a clear sunny day is unlawful.

so..the access models are sold to the legal minimum

hope this helps

DM x

Silvery silver is the shiniest !

·
Registered
203 Posts
back to the foglamp issue....

im pretty certain that the minimum requirement in uk is one rear fog light set on the offside of the car....

front fog lamps are not mandatory, are optional...according to the dvla .gov website

the highway code states that u must not dazzle other drivers or use front or rear foglsmps unless visibilty is seriously reduced....so sidelights and fogs on a clear sunny day is unlawful.

so..the access models are sold to the legal minimum

hope this helps

DM x

Silvery silver is the shiniest !
The point i was making was the law used to state if its fitted it must be working,i am aware one is all thats needed

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had a white sandero, rust came out on the front, tiny but there, after reading about the dusters and other issues I decided to sell the thing before it became too late. No9w bought a second hand Focus, brilliant car. So after having a sandero I can write first hand. A wrong size wheel and it is not a problem for you? The perfect customer.
Sorry i didnt realize you where just being altruistic :D thought you where just slagging them off :D we had another member who devoted his life to saving our members from themselves :rolleyes:

·
Registered
203 Posts
As for the spare wheel its a case of if its safe and legal why worry, and its certainly safe if driven sensibly ,if its not legal then we will get the stepway wheel foc

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
REF http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/safety/non-standard-spare-wheels.html

Illegal to have different diameters, Dacia import centre I believe fitted Sandero wheels to Stepways as spare, Whoops!
Fist i think you disliked a wrong post go back and have a look :D sorry but you just appear to be a stirrer the wheel is safe,legal i dont know or care thats dacias problem they sold me the car and if something is not fit for use the ball goes back to them.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The AA site

You must always make sure that tyres on the same axle are of the same size and aspect ratio - your car will fail the MOT test if they're not - but the law makes an exception for temporary use spare wheels fitted in an emergency.

Temporary use spare wheels - non-standard spare/skinny spare - are increasingly being supplied as standard by car manufacturers to save space and weight. Generally these will be narrower than the standard size car tyres.

Think this can be read to suit your own desire i read it that a none standard wheel used as a temporary get you home is not illegal,now if we are talking the benefits of having a matching spare wheel thats a different story,yes it would be more use as you could mix and match any time but temporary spare wheels are becoming the norm.

·
Registered
39 Posts
As far as the law goes regarding the lights, it is dependant only on how Dacia homologated the vehicle for sale in the UK. So they can fit standard light clusters but leave a light deactivated (as long as they meet the legal minimum requirements).

For MOT requirements the lights fitted to the vehicle need to be working as the car was homologated. So the factory deactivated light is irrelevant but all other lights have to work.

·
Registered
203 Posts
As far as the law goes regarding the lights, it is dependant only on how Dacia homologated the vehicle for sale in the UK. So they can fit standard light clusters but leave a light deactivated (as long as they meet the legal minimum requirements).

For MOT requirements the lights fitted to the vehicle need to be working as the car was homologated. So the factory deactivated light is irrelevant but all other lights have to work.
Great clarification thanks

1 - 20 of 42 Posts