UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to the dealers today to negotiate a trade in price for my current car AND if that goes well i'll order a Stepway.

Reactions: sidaorb

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Going to the dealers today to negotiate a trade in price for my current car AND if that goes well i'll order a Stepway.
you'd be suprised, I got 3400 back for my pixo that cost me 6000 4 years earlier. (Still wish I'd kept it :( ) fords I've found have the worst trade in value.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
you'd be suprised, I got 3400 back for my pixo that cost me 6000 4 years earlier. (Still wish I'd kept it :( ) fords I've found have the worst trade in value.

make that 3200 Mrs Carlos just corrected me.

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a car which i bought new 10 years ago so it owes me nothing. I used to work in the motor trade so know the ins and outs however that was a looooonng time ago. Car books trade in £750-1200 so if i get somewhere around £1000 i'll be happy. Depends how many cars short the salesman is on his monthly target so if he goes low i'll walk away. Plenty of other dealers and salesmen who will bite your arm off for a sale.

I've got my own funding for it but if the salesman gets commission on finance (they used to) i'll offer to do his finance then pay the loan off the following month.

We'll see how many trade tricks i can remember when I speak to him.

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just back from a tour of the dealers!!

Dealer 1 agreed the trade in but failed when he said the deal was on only if I signed there and then and there was one car in my spec in the country which another dealer was looking at and if I wanted that spec I'd have to sign now to get it. FAIL!! I walked away.

Dealer 2 also agreed the trade in however revealed that there were numerous cars in my spec available now for delivery next week. No pressure to buy so agreed a deal and signed on the dotted line.

Delivery in about 10 days :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
just back from a tour of the dealers!!

Dealer 1 agreed the trade in but failed when he said the deal was on only if I signed there and then and there was one car in my spec in the country which another dealer was looking at and if I wanted that spec I'd have to sign now to get it. FAIL!! I walked away.

Dealer 2 also agreed the trade in however revealed that there were numerous cars in my spec available now for delivery next week. No pressure to buy so agreed a deal and signed on the dotted line.

Delivery in about 10 days :)
I like the way you think :)

Also to add believe it or not webuyanycar.com may offer more money than the dealer, surprising but true

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
it's only been 5 days since I ordered the Stepway and I am getting restless already!!

I've got such a long list of accessories to fit lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts