UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having experienced the visual look of disappointment from a Renault Dealer when I say I wanted a Dacia, then getting no promised call backs or anything to that extent.

I can't help think that the brand suffers because of it being sold by dealers. If they were sold directly like Tesla want to do in America by sales personnel not on commission the purchasing experience would be so much more pleasurable.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Direct selling wouldn't work as there little profit margin on these cars. Renault group need to follow VW's lead and have stand alone dealerships like Skoda and Seat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Direct selling wouldn't work as there little profit margin on these cars. Renault group need to follow VW's lead and have stand alone dealerships like Skoda and Seat.
That's actually a really good point, as they share dealerships they're too interested in selling the Renault's insead.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have to agree guys.

If I was to buy another one I would do it all online a much more pleasant experience without the need to step into a Renault dealership. You do get the feeling that the sales staff would rather be demonstrating a Clio. The only way to make it a special experience would indeed be dedicated Dacia showrooms, with people who are enthusiastic about the brand, but then I guess prices would have to go up! Where can the Dacia's be found yes you guessed it, right at the backer the showroom so you have to walk past all the Renaults, is this a failing ploy at an attempt to upsell?

On both visits to the showroom more people were looking at Dacia vehicles than Renault.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
There have been several direct car sellers before, and even supermarkets have sold cars, but I don't think its ever caught on.

Most people want to see a car and take a test drive before buying. The direct sellers have been in the business of selling popular cars undercutting the main dealers, but people still had the dealers to go to to look and test-drive. Then they could order on-line from a direct seller. That's OK if you want a Corsa or a BMax but where are you going to go if you want a Duster and there are no dealers?

I expect most of the profit over the lifetime of the car comes from servicing and repairs. Thats why they want you in the dealership, so you'll go back for the servicing and repairs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts