UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has possibly been discussed before forgive me if it has, has anyone fitted xenon bulbs and if so what did you think, also how about led sidelights has any one fitted them, verdict also B-)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hello, my Duster is due to arrive Feb and I will be putting in a set of HID bulbs in place of the dipped beam. I've done the same in my last 2 cars and the difference is amazing. I think the Duster dipped beam is H7 so it needs to be H7R HID bulbs (specific for reflector lenses) to stop the light blinding oncoming traffic - I had these in my Megane. The kit comes with ballasts etc to control them and you are talking about around £30 - £40 for the set. They are far better than Xenon replacement bulbs from the likes of Halfords.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I know zip about headlight bulbs except my nearside one has blown. The handbook says to use 'Anti-UV bulbs so as not to damage the plastic on the headlights'. Even googling 'anti-uv bulbs' doesn't help much but presumably there are other types I should avoid?

·
Registered
985 Posts
I know zip about headlight bulbs except my nearside one has blown. The handbook says to use 'Anti-UV bulbs so as not to damage the plastic on the headlights'. Even googling 'anti-uv bulbs' doesn't help much but presumably there are other types I should avoid?
Just buy branded bulbs i.e. Not Chinese imports and they will already be E marked and anti UV.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Hello, my Duster is due to arrive Feb and I will be putting in a set of HID bulbs in place of the dipped beam. I've done the same in my last 2 cars and the difference is amazing. I think the Duster dipped beam is H7 so it needs to be H7R HID bulbs (specific for reflector lenses) to stop the light blinding oncoming traffic - I had these in my Megane. The kit comes with ballasts etc to control them and you are talking about around £30 - £40 for the set. They are far better than Xenon replacement bulbs from the likes of Halfords.
Might want to check the legality of fitting HID headlights - unless they are factory with self-leveling and self-cleaning I'm pretty sure that they are not road legal, even if they mimic the style of a traditional H7 halogen.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I know it's an MOT item and Chris is correct, but if they mimic regular bulbs in the original reflectors would they be spotted? I don't know...just thinking out loud. Anyone a tester who would comment?

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
I'd looked at them in the past... (in my days of owning a fiesta ST that is...) and decided against it as round our way the Police regularly have a check point setup - they seemed very happy with pulling people over for dodgy/failed lights as the reasoning for stopping you. Knowing that an HID bulb in a standard headlight is technically illegal I never tried!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Just buy branded bulbs i.e. Not Chinese imports and they will already be E marked and anti UV.
Excellent. Many thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts