UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last night we decided to check our answer machine which we hadn't done since last week (one of those BT 151 things).

Anyway, there was a message from our nice salesman at Renault telling us that our Duster is in the country and should be with us in 1-2 weeks. That message was on the 1st!!!! So it could be ready by the weekend.

I need to give the salesman a call shortly and find out. Exciting stuff! :)

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
fingers crossed for you :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate, really looking forward to it.

It'll be nice as my other half has been borrowing my Clio 172 for the last couple of months since her Twingo was sold and the Clio is usually my daily car. Will be nice for her to have hew own car again, although I keep having ot remind her that I'm paying half so I get to have a go as well haha.

I spoke to the dealership and they have advised me that they were told the car would be with them this month and that was back at the beginning of July. So he's expecting it any day as they had a transporter with Dusters on but not our one.

We've opted for a white Laureate, 4x4, ESC and the black trim pack whatever it's called so were antiscipating it being more like August/September according to their Website.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
If it's in the UK then the only delay should be getting the pack fitted, sounds like yours is up near the front of the queue :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do they fit the packs at the dealership or before they're delivered so they arrive at the dealers pretty much ready to go?

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Supposedly before they get to the Dealer

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, thanks mate. I guess it probably won't be too long now as it arrived in the country at least 10 days ago.

Now I just need to sot out a boot liner but not sure whether to bother with the official Dacia version considering it looks to have changed from rubber to flimsy spongy stuff!

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Do a search for rubber matting on Ebay, maybe make your own.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I was looking on eBay as there's plenty of goodies on there.

Noticed the vinyl protective strips for the top of the rear bumper as well, which if fitted correctly would work as well as the official one but £11 instead of £50!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeah I was looking on eBay as there's plenty of goodies on there.

Noticed the vinyl protective strips for the top of the rear bumper as well, which if fitted correctly would work as well as the official one but £11 instead of £50!
yes the vinyl strip does look good. Easy to fit but a bugger to get straight. Had to remove it a few times before i was happy with alignment.

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Do they fit the packs at the dealership or before they're delivered so they arrive at the dealers pretty much ready to go?
Mine had to be fitted at the dealer as the missed it at the import centre but I think that is unusual. I got a cancellation that didnt have a protection pack ordered so thats how it got missed.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Spoke to the salesman and had the registration confirmed and the Adventurer pack has been added so they just need to register it and do all that business so Thursday it is! :)

Also had a bit of a result with the insurance, the Mrs was insured with Elephant.co.uk and suspended her policy from her Twingo. The gets told it's £400 for 6 1/2 months insurance so nearly £800!!! She paid just over half that for an RS Twingo 133! So she phones to cancel and gets told there's a £49 admin fee (WTF?!) and an additional charge of £39.

So being a hormonal pregnant Mumzilla she gets onto the supervisor who says they'll cancel it free of charge. Quite a result but talk about cheeky from Elephant, cause a fuss and save £90!

Anyway, I've got two insurance policies with Morethan which got her a 10% discount and a premium of £280!! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts