UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate not having any decent MPG info, so if anyone is looking at buying the Logan or Sandero with the 0.9 Tce and doesn't like believe the manufacturers, I recorded most of my receipts and just calculate an average of 40 mpg

Note the minimum was in Feb/March when I had roof bars on.

EkN0r1I.png

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I hate not having any decent MPG info, so if anyone is looking at buying the Logan or Sandero with the 0.9 Tce and doesn't like believe the manufacturers, I recorded most of my receipts and just calculate an average of 40 mpg

Note the minimum was in Feb/March when I had roof bars on.

EkN0r1I.png
I've got the same car but yet to see mine dip below 45mpg or above 55mpg, I think if you was careful over 60mpg would be possible on a straight run.
The only thing I find is the tce doesn't feel right being driven economically, I do try every time I fill up, I can get the computer avg to read over 60mpg for about the first hundred or so miles if I get a decent ish few days getting to and from work, then I give up after a couple of hours of start stop 20 odd miles home.
Next time I've got it reading over 60mpg I'm going to fill up to full tank again to see if it matches the pump.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've got the same car but yet to see mine dip below 45mpg or above 55mpg, I think if you was careful over 60mpg would be possible on a straight run.
The only thing I find is the tce doesn't feel right being driven economically, I do try every time I fill up, I can get the computer avg to read over 60mpg for about the first hundred or so miles if I get a decent ish few days getting to and from work, then I give up after a couple of hours of start stop 20 odd miles home.
Next time I've got it reading over 60mpg I'm going to fill up to full tank again to see if it matches the pump.
That's really impressive. I agree, small engine with a turbo is fun to drive uneconomically.

I am quite disappointed with the fuel economy, Dacia say it should use 56.5 combined, which I've never gotten, however economically I drive.

Forget stop start traffic, I've done long motorway trips and barely get just over 40, that's lower than their quoted *city* driving, let alone the 66 they give for motorway.

I wonder why there's such a huge difference... I don't have the trip computer so this is all calculated from mileage and brim-brim refills.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
That's really impressive. I agree, small engine with a turbo is fun to drive uneconomically.

I am quite disappointed with the fuel economy, Dacia say it should use 56.5 combined, which I've never gotten, however economically I drive.

Forget stop start traffic, I've done long motorway trips and barely get just over 40, that's lower than their quoted *city* driving, let alone the 66 they give for motorway.

I wonder why there's such a huge difference... I don't have the trip computer so this is all calculated from mileage and brim-brim refills.
I don't find it too bad compared to our other car which struggled to hit 300 miles to a 55ltr tank, I find at a constant 70mph the instant readout jumps from 30mpg-99.9 mpg or anything in between, the slightest incline or decline makes ahuge difference to the readout.I haven't done much mileage yet, think I'm only just over 5K now, but it's alot more frisky now than when i first got it, and it always feels like it wants to go faster to me.
The mpg also raised rapidly during engine braking.
I also calculate mine from brim to brim fills using the free android fuel log app.

·
Registered
7 Posts
MPG for my Logan have been as follows -

overall average 42.1. Majority of journeys less than 5 miles on 30/40 mph clearish roads. The 47mpg was for a trip to Dorset which was almost all A/ Motorway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you want to record your fuel consumption and compare it with other Dacia owners you can set up a free account at www.fuelly.com I believe you can also add a note of your ongoing fuel consumption to your details when posting, although I don't know if the Dacia Forum facilitates this happening.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Managed 64mpg according to trip computer in a fully loaded Logan MCV with the TCE90 petrol engine eco mode turned OFF, Portsmouth to London...

It is possible but you have to do around 65mph and accelerate very smoothly/slowly changing up as soon as the upshift light comes on or slightly before. I wasn't at the wheel when we achieved this but I was a passenger and it felt slow, if I'm at the wheel it's rather impossible. Usually the average sits around 34 - 37mpg because most of the time it gets driven in the city.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
The most I've had is 58 mpg from tank calculations, the trip comp was reading well over 60 mpg when I filled up, my average must be about 50mpg, not bad considering I regularly (by mistake sometimes as I can't really hear the engine) take it way up to 5000 rpm and beyond, the aircon is usually on, and I don't like to hang around if you know what I mean ;-)
Even when driven with plenty of beans it still remains smooth, the only advantage being for me I can skip a gear or 2 :-o
I am seriously suprised at the mpg, it doesn't matter how hard it's driven, it doesn't seem to alter it too much, I think maybe getting it up to a rolling speed quicker helps.
Mine also responds better in lower gears, I suppose their all different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts