UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

Calling all Dacia Forum members and footy fans within a stones throw of Stoke on Trent !!!

As the event organiser for the Forum, I have received an email today from Dacia UK regarding an event at

Holdcroft Dacia in Stoke on Trent this Sunday....

it reads as follows

Dear all at Dacia Forum

We have a Dacia event this Sunday at the dealership in Stoke. It's on the back of the Daily Telegraph relationship we had during the World Cup.

To finish the partnership, we have a Q&A with Gordon Banks OBE and Henry Winter (Chief Sports Writer at the Telegraph).

Apologies as I should have invited you and your members earlier, but it would be great to invite you guys along.

It'll be an intimate setting as it's a small audience, so a great opportunity for any keen football fans !

So.....

here is the invite below.....as I said its appauling notice on their behalf......but he has said sorry....and I know some of the footy fans amongst you would love this one !

All the details are on the attached PDF poster

Hope someone can go!

DM x

·
Registered
146 Posts
Believe it or not I have his (Gordon Banks) signed glove allegedly from the World cup (though I'm not sure of the authenticity of the last bit). Being a Leicester City fan and of the age that can remember, he played for Leicester before they sold him to Stoke - we had a young lad called Peter Shilton in the reserves whom we figured wasn't too bad either so selling him for a few quid seemed like a good idea at the time.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Is he the new official rust inspector?
They should have put him on Quality Control - nothing got past Gordon Banks :)

Except the stuff that did.............. but that wasn't often.....

A bit too far to travel for me unfortunately

·
Registered
146 Posts
Some might say that with partial vision - he lost his eye in a car accident in Stoke - he'd make an ideal Renault "Rust Inspector". Personally I think he'd make a safe pair of hands and could save the day as the keeper of "dropped balls" and patron saint for lost causes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts