UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Dacia Duster Priestige
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 2017 Duster Prestige the amber Zigzag Warning light has appeared on the Dash?

What does this warning Light Mean

Many thanks

Matt

·
Registered
296 Posts
Usually accompanied I think with ESP alert this is the braking and stability system . On my car the new Sandero it also seemed to be accompanied with an engine failure to start. Three times this happened each with a return to garage. The third attempt to resolve the problem was successful . I am still trying to get a record of the solution that the garage used.

Ambvol

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
2,428 Posts
The amber warning light on it's own is used as a service light from '17 on cars with the 3 dial dash.

It lights 12k miles or 360 days after last service and should be cleared by the dealer on service. A lot of independents are unable to reset it and dealers will charge ~£70 if they did not do the service.

There is info on how to do it with an OBD II dongle and unofficial software on the forum.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The zig zag warning light on my Sandero is the stability system . This has appeared intermittently on my car ever since I got it 6 months ago. The first time , after only couple weeks from getting the car the garage altered the steering angle. I drove the car again and it started again. It's appeared every few weeks since. It disappears after the car is restarted on the second journey.

The garage manager who I have contacted several time has told me that unless the alert stays on the car is safe to drive.
He claims that the fault being an intermittent one would be very difficult to pin down. One of his proposal to help to resolve the issue is for me to let the garage have the car back for a period for a garage employee to drive the car to see if he can find the source of the problem. Hmm !
When you think of all the elements that could be involved and it is easy to see the difficulty.

He said not a Sandero common problem. Car safe unless alert stays on . The garage will look at the problem again at the next service.
It might not be a common Sandero problem but it seems a common problem on the internet for all makes of car going back years. Surely by now there is a common garage diagnostic procedure to pin the problem down to component level.

I would be surprised if attempting to find the problem yourself with an OBD2 scanner would be successful. . Even garages with the best scanners have in the end got to use experience / common sense/ trial and error when the scan has led to a vague area of the fault .

Ambvol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts