UK Dacia Forum banner
101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yay had mine nearly a week now and mainly I love it. The ride was quite joggly but settled down when I put the correct air in the tyres (came out the showroom with 40 PSI at each corner).

Sadly after four days the yellow spanner warning appeared during a long drive so it has to go in and get mended but you get niggles with new cars.
happy.png
Mine also came out of the showroom with very high tyre pressures. Probably like it from the manufacturer and they don't correct it during PDI

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just bought a 2019 prestige 150hp 4x2 with 13000 miles on it and thoroughly impressed so far. Engine very quiet but surprisingly powerful and a good slug of torque available. Perhaps slightly more powerful than the handling can cope with but it is no hot hatch and should be treated with respect. Ie Plenty of grip but perhaps some body roll ... Very relaxed at national speed limit. Just fitted spare wheel and cradle from fellow forum member . Too early to quote fuel consumption but seems good. Interior perfectly respectable but boot carpet shows where cost cutting occurred, its just some easily marked felt material. Only downside so far seems to be a transmission whine detectable when cruising and disappears when lifting off the throttle but I see others have reported this issue. It really does make the competition look well overpriced . Yes it lacks autonomous braking, Lane assist , parking assist , adaptive cruise but then again if you pass a driving test you should be capable of driving and controlling a car . Interesting to see all the media car reviewers who only a couple of years ago were extolling the virtues of all this new tech now as a first step look if these items can be switched off !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Duster Prestige Bi-Fuel. Absolutely love it so much I even made a video that fills a gap in the YouTube market. Simple, to the point, in English and most importantly of all...No stupid background music.

:) :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, had my 1.0 duster essential for two years now. Although my mileage is low it has behaved immaculately so far.
Just had its second service so decided that since the dealers had had the undertray off thought it might be a good idea to whip off the bolts and put a smear of copper grease on them (my future self has already thanked me).
I was surprised to see the engine undertray is a solid chunk of metal. Every previous car I've had (including a premium German manufacturer) the undertray has been plastic. Impressive for a car built down to a price I think
Also took notice of the lower control arms for the first time. Of all the cars I've had this is the first to have both bolts aligned correctly for the direction of movement. All other cars I've had have at least one (or both) bolts orientated vertically. These, to me, are unexpected plus points
One other question - does anyone else put it in ECO mode and do you find it makes any difference? Went on a sixty mile motorway journey and put it in ECO mode there then reset the mpg and put it in normal mode on the way back. Made no difference at all to mpg. I'm presuming that in ECO mode you end up pressing throttle more to maintain a speed cancelling out any savings.
Anyone else experienced this?

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,076 Posts
Hi, had my 1.0 duster essential for two years now. Although my mileage is low it has behaved immaculately so far.
Just had its second service so decided that since the dealers had had the undertray off thought it might be a good idea to whip off the bolts and put a smear of copper grease on them (my future self has already thanked me).
I was surprised to see the engine undertray is a solid chunk of metal. Every previous car I've had (including a premium German manufacturer) the undertray has been plastic. Impressive for a car built down to a price I think
Also took notice of the lower control arms for the first time. Of all the cars I've had this is the first to have both bolts aligned correctly for the direction of movement. All other cars I've had have at least one (or both) bolts orientated vertically. These, to me, are unexpected plus points
One other question - does anyone else put it in ECO mode and do you find it makes any difference? Went on a sixty mile motorway journey and put it in ECO mode there then reset the mpg and put it in normal mode on the way back. Made no difference at all to mpg. I'm presuming that in ECO mode you end up pressing throttle more to maintain a speed cancelling out any savings.
Anyone else experienced this?
I have a dCi Sandero Stepway and agree with you about the ECO mode ! :confused:

101 - 105 of 105 Posts