UK Dacia Forum banner
6101 - 6111 of 6111 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have owned a second hand 63 plate Duster for a couple of years and recently noticed rust around some of the door seals. My search has brought me here and I seem to have stumbled upon a massive common problem. Would this be covered by any warranty/ extended warranty or has that ship sailed now??

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
Yep, clean off back to bare metal if possible, I use a good old fashion rust product (Jenolite) either the convertor or treatment, zinc prime and paint. I was lucky on my 13 plate Duster in that Renault cavity waxed it FOC. But the old spot / chip I clean up and paint. Still check under the car and touch up any any exposed paint areas with waxoyl or supertrol. Also have sprayed under some of the door seals with supertrol and into the exposed ends of the seals.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone been offered a buy back from Dacia on their rusty Duster? Mine ended up with rust everywhere including structural points that would fail the next MOT. Been written off now but the offer from Dacia was below market value. It's been in twice for rust since I've owned it and it's been in for repair for almost a year in the 4 years I've owned it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone else had rust problems on the 14/15 facelift Romanian built cars? Mine is a 14 plate (facelift) with the same rust issues seen on early Indian cars. I deliberately bought the facelift version to avoid the rust problems, but have ended up with rust in most of the problems areas.

I have been in contact with Dacia who are offering to repair the car, as the warranty was extended to 7 years??? From experience the only true rust repair is new steel, but I doubt that Dacia will stand the cost to replace all bolt on panels, the quarter panels and the roof skin. I have no idea what is going on underneath and others have had chassis rails replaced....this could well be a £4k repair to a £6k car...

At what point do Dacia ignore repairs and write a car off, and will they entertain me pushing for either a replacement car (same mileage/value...preferably not a Dacia...lol) or buying me out?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone been offered a buy back from Dacia on their rusty Duster? Mine ended up with rust everywhere including structural points that would fail the next MOT. Been written off now but the offer from Dacia was below market value. It's been in twice for rust since I've owned it and it's been in for repair for almost a year in the 4 years I've owned it.
Hi Oli

have just accepted an offer which i compared with the likes of webuyanycar etc before accepting. Dacias offer compared favourable with the onscreen quotes and was enhanced with an additional incentive for purchasing another duster. I have a highish mileage car which went through the initial warranty treatment scheme in 2015 so I had a full 7 years protection on my 63 plater. Car was rusting in various areas most worryingly on both front sills so repair would be limited benefit in long term.

Haggling would be of limited benefit on offer as I am only talking a few £££ if I did so have accepted and now placed an order for a factory fresh car expected in November.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got a 2017 Duster (14,000 miles) and lifted the back seat for the first time the other day and noticed that around the clips where seat is kept in place there is rust which appears to be the seat clip itself rusting.

Is this a common issue and what is the best method to resolve?

Also there was water at that point and checking underneath it's not exactly obvious how it got that far.. condensation maybe?

·
Registered
Dacia Duster 2018 1.5 diesel 115 addblue and a 2013 Sandero 1.5 dci Ambience
78 Posts
my used 4 year old grusome orange duster, I shall waxoil this summer on a nice hot sunny day. I will be buying a roll of plastic sheeting from wickes and covering my driveway with it, then I shall use a little camping stove to heat up the can of waxoil mix it with some turps and fill up my cheapo £12.00 draper electric spray gun from Machine mart. it comes with a bendy nozzel as the sprayer does not have a seal on the canister so it must be kept upright, you can slide the electric sprayer over the plastic sheet under the car keeping it level and waxoil the underside of the car, i will then spray inside the sills and doors in the hope it keeps the tin worm at bay. the whole process takes about 3 hours on a large family estate car and is well worth doing, my last car a citroen Xantia estate was treated once and it was 6 years old when I bought it, it lasted a total of 18 years and the body never rusted,it was the engine that started to fail and was to costly to repair.

·
Registered
Dacia Duster 2018 1.5 diesel 115 addblue and a 2013 Sandero 1.5 dci Ambience
78 Posts
I usually find it depends on when you apply waxoil, its a bit like painting your house, no application in cold weather or to early or late in the day, let it warm up a bit . spraying it on the underside of the car doesnt seem to catch the moisture in the air so much as brushing it on.

6101 - 6111 of 6111 Posts