UK Dacia Forum banner
6081 - 6100 of 6111 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
So 2 years after mine had he repairs done I now have rust coming through under the Silver DUSTER trim below the rear window. I suspect it was from when the piece of trim was holding water before I drilled holes in it to drain it.

Anyway time for it to get sent back in.

Everywhere else they treated (and anywhere they missed) is still not rusting through yet.

Steel wheels are a mess and the paint on the towbar is practically gone though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My Duster went in for the recall for weatherproofing on Monday, just had a phone call from Renault telling me they have found rust and that I will have to contact Dacia.

They should be forwarding the photographs to me today and I will Upload them when I receive them so you can have a look.

I bought the car new in June 13 and it's covered 40,000 miles.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have one of the 1st Access Dusters purchased 4/4/ 2013 that has had 4 attempts under the rust rectification programme which seemed to be reasonably effective. Now the car is out of all warranty, and I have noticed that above the front windscreen the paint has detached from the undercoat in 6 places along a 300mm strip. It is not from stone chips but appears that the original paint did not adhere properly to the undercoat. Do I have any recourse from Dacia or am I on my own. Anyone had the same problem in any area of the bodywork?

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,177 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have one of the 1st Access Dusters purchased 4/4/ 2013 that has had 4 attempts under the rust rectification programme which seemed to be reasonably effective. Now the car is out of all warranty, and I have noticed that above the front windscreen the paint has detached from the undercoat in 6 places along a 300mm strip. It is not from stone chips but appears that the original paint did not adhere properly to the undercoat. Do I have any recourse from Dacia or am I on my own. Anyone had the same problem in any area of the bodywork?
Just an update on this problem. I approached Renault/Dacia about the problem and after sending photos of it to them I was offered a 50/50 deal to get it repaired. The front screen is to come out and the roof rails to come off then to paint the whole roof. Although I feel it was an original paint problem caused at the factory, the car is out of all warranty including the extra rust rectification programme guarantee and I am resigned to having to pay the best part of £400. The saving grace is that the bodyshop will collect the car and leave me a courtsey car saving a 120 mile round trip. I will update the outcome of this work in due course.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Duster reg14. Noticed several areas of rust back in April. Contacted Dacia dealer (Pentagon Outer Circle, Lincoln). No reply, even after recorded letters. So recorded letters went to Pentagon HQ and Dacia UK. No letters back, one phone call referring the vehicle to Harratts Paint & Body Centre, Wakefield. They insist on ringing before 3pm, when I have made clear as a teacher, I can not pick up the phone during lesson time... Job was booked early September for October 14th, just been cancelled and postponed to November 13th .... in the meantime, I have discovered several more areas of rust and corrosion, which I have duly taken pictures of. It seems The Motors Ombudsman is the only way forward... Opinions?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes. I can see me going to the Ombudsman, as others have done successfully before. The ombudsman stated that no new vehicle should be sold needing a Robust Fix and that the owner was entitled to refuse a second fix and have his money back. ( in a nutshell) I am in that situation and will not be accepting a 50/50 repair like one of our friends above. I am trying to resolve the issue with Dacia, as a first step of course but dealing with them is a nightmare. Emails are not read for 2-3 days and even then not acknowledged. Arranged call backs are not recieved( wages lost) and if you try to contact them yourself they are not available. Ive asked 5 times for the report on my car for my records and still not recieved it 3 weeks later. Complete let down. Really inefficient organisation. I'm promised a call tomorrow at 10am and I think I will faint from shock if I receive it. Good luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
So they finally got round to getting mine back into the bodyshop with the rear tailgate rusting below the silver badge. Turns out it needs 2 new doors and a chassis rail too - which Dacia have approved under the warranty.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just an update on this problem. I approached Renault/Dacia about the problem and after sending photos of it to them I was offered a 50/50 deal to get it repaired. The front screen is to come out and the roof rails to come off then to paint the whole roof. Although I feel it was an original paint problem caused at the factory, the car is out of all warranty including the extra rust rectification programme guarantee and I am resigned to having to pay the best part of £400. The saving grace is that the bodyshop will collect the car and leave me a courtsey car saving a 120 mile round trip. I will update the outcome of this work in due course.
The duster has now had the paint rectified. The roof has been resprayed. As I said this was a 50% payment from myself and Dacia paying the rest. Although its all done now i have decided my next car will not be a dacia or renault. I still believe this was all down to faulty body preparation when the car was built. Dacia/Renault should have replaced the vehicle, not gone down the road of paint / rust rectification multiple times. Although I like the car, they have lost a customer for good!

·
Registered
8 Posts
thanks for that link. My dusters going for its second rust fix and I've had to fight for over 5 months for everything. I've already raised the ombudsman decision where a Duster owner was refunded for his car because of this issue. Basically, not fit for purpose under The Sale of Goods Act. Bring that up with Customer Relations though and all you get is ' I don't know about that' and then ignored. This is good to know though as if the Rust on my duster resurfaces I think I'll be going down this route. It really irks me that when it comes to a possible trade in these cars are probably going to be of lesser value than the Romanaian made ones. I don't think it's right we should lose out financially due to a manufacture defect, when we paid the same price as for a non defective duster.

6081 - 6100 of 6111 Posts