UK Dacia Forum banner
6061 - 6080 of 6111 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
well my 9th January date to get the rust fixed didn't happen, the only authorised dealer for the paintwork in N Ireland doesn't have a courtesy car for me to use despite this being ongoing since 31 October lol, currently awaiting a callback from Dacia CS to see if they'll issue a kick up the arse to get it moving, apparently "Dacia took all our courtesy Dusters back at Christmas because the enhancement program was finished"....well you've still my car and another one owned by someone else to sort out how about actually sorting it out grrrr.......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all,

Firstly many thanks to all the input that has been made to date re the rusty Duster issue. It has been a great eye opener for me who is looking at getting a 2nd hand unit.

I had been looking at 13/14 4x4 variants and have been seeing rust bubbles and the brown staining from rust on various units I have seen. I wonder whether these are customer rejected units being passed back out to the trade for disposal. I have put a call into Dacia CS hoping to get some re assurance about any rust issues I may find on my chosen 2nd user car. They said 2-3 hours and it must be about that by now.

At what point did the Dusters get moved and how can one spot a Romanian build over a India build. I had noticed India on the windows of the ones I have seen to date. Is this a valid check?

Trying to avoid buying a car that is just going to give me grief in years to come. Should I be looking at a 14/15 version for instance or do these also have issues?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,177 Posts
Hello all,

Firstly many thanks to all the input that has been made to date re the rusty Duster issue. It has been a great eye opener for me who is looking at getting a 2nd hand unit.

I had been looking at 13/14 4x4 variants and have been seeing rust bubbles and the brown staining from rust on various units I have seen. I wonder whether these are customer rejected units being passed back out to the trade for disposal. I have put a call into Dacia CS hoping to get some re assurance about any rust issues I may find on my chosen 2nd user car. They said 2-3 hours and it must be about that by now.

At what point did the Dusters get moved and how can one spot a Romanian build over a India build. I had noticed India on the windows of the ones I have seen to date. Is this a valid check?

Trying to avoid buying a car that is just going to give me grief in years to come. Should I be looking at a 14/15 version for instance or do these also have issues?

Cheers
If it's got a chrome DUSTER on the tail gate, it's Indian. If it's got a black plastic with silver DUSTER letters, it's Romanian !! ;)

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,177 Posts
Yes - I ordered the moment the website went live thinking I'd try and buy the very first one - the website took my order but failed to tell Dacia.. so it took a few weeks to find out. CS did sent me some prezzies though for buying one of the first
I was thinking, if you bought it secondhand, someone may have changed it ! :eek:

I see you bought an Access, perhaps they put the black plastic DUSTER on all the other Dusters when they moved production to Romania. The earlier Indian other models defiantly had a chrome DUSTER in the tail gate !! ;)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Went to look at the rear plastic today - just to make sure its still black! Noticed the rubber trim around it has come away both sides, as it was only held on by the wet paint at the recall and not assembled correctly, and as all the new paint is coming off... What a f*****g mess they made of my car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay a bit of an update. Dacia CS called me back. Not all customers got cars fixed so there may be some bad examples about. I saw one of these yesterday bottom of doors and tailgate rusting through. Others will have been fixed and should be okay. These had the paint protection and corrosion warranty extended. So these will be 3 and 7 years from registration. Any issues found later will be fixed etc.

That said I have seen those that have been repaired and yet they still have issues. Favourites seem to be tailgate under the silver Duster trim and the front of the rear wheel arches. Door sills are another favourite. I think I will wait for a phase II as I have not seen anything good enough so far.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I would avoid any that have been repaired / treated -- the paint warranty is worthless if the workmanship is so poor.

As an aside, I had a email from the dealer offering 'excellent trade in deals on a new model' - half a mind to take it in for evaluation, and when they point out it looks like a patchwork quilt I'll be able to tell them that's the result of their own body shop, who said there was nothing wrong with it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lack of paint for sure, its so thin its transparent in some areas, but poor seals allow water to run inside doors and tailgate too.
no it is poor quality steel - i have numerous rust spots bubbling through the paint - on both sills - it is going in for inspection but i do not want it just painted over i want new sills - 13 plate Ambience 4x4 (oh and a new door as it has a big rust bubble - and i have already had recall for rust and water leaks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes i have a rusty Dacia Duster it has been reported last year and they were going to respray it i chek every 3 weeks still on the list my wiper arms are covered in rust might drop off shortly i asked the local garage to replace them and they said that will be done when it goes to get resprayed

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Yes i have a rusty Dacia Duster it has been reported last year and they were going to respray it i chek every 3 weeks still on the list my wiper arms are covered in rust might drop off shortly i asked the local garage to replace them and they said that will be done when it goes to get resprayed
get that in writing....mine were rusty when car went in and were not fixed....to save myself hassle I painted them myself.

6061 - 6080 of 6111 Posts